By Scott Preston
- Discover suggestions for iOS usability in addition to functionality
- Dig into positive aspects like photographs, animation, or even geolocation
By Azat Mardan
•Monk + Express.js “REST API Server”
- You should still count on a simple knowing from a set of quickly commence publications, tutorials and recommendations for the devel0pment apps mentioned during this book.
- In addition to coding examples, the booklet covers nearly all setup and deployment step-by-step.
- You’ll study from the examples of Chat web/mobile functions beginning with front-end elements and by the tip we’ll placed front-end and back-end jointly and set up to the creation environment.
By Ben Vinegar, Anton Kovalyov
About this Book
Purchase of the print publication contains a loose e-book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Authors
Table of Contents
- Distributing and loading your application
- Rendering HTML and CSS
- Communicating with the server
- Cross-domain iframe messaging
- Authentication and sessions
- Debugging and testing
By Mark Pilgrim
Greasemonkey Hacks is a useful compendium a hundred creative hacks for strength clients who are looking to grasp Greasemonkey, the recent new Firefox extension in order to write scripts that modify the internet pages you stopover at. With Greasemonkey, you could create scripts that make an internet site extra usable, repair rendering insects that webmasters cannot be afflicted to mend themselves, or upload goods to an internet site's menu bar. you could modify pages so that they paintings higher with applied sciences that talk an internet web page out loud or convert it to Braille. Greasemonkey specialists may import, mix, and change facts from various websites to fulfill their very own particular needs.
Greasemonkey has completed a cult-like following in its brief lifespan, yet its makes use of are only commencing to be explored. to illustrate you are buying on an e-commerce website. you could create a script that may instantly show aggressive costs for that individual product from different sites. the chances are restricted in simple terms by means of your mind's eye and your Greasemonkey services. Greasemonkey Hacks can not help you with the mind's eye half, however it supplies the specialist hacks-complete with the pattern code-you have to flip your brainstorms into reality.
More than simply an important choice of made-to-order Greasemonkey recommendations, Greasemonkey Hacks is full of pattern code, a Greasemonkey API reference, and a finished record of assets, to make sure that each source you would like is out there among its covers.
Some everyone is content material to obtain info from web content passively; a few humans are looking to regulate it. when you are one of many latter, Greasemonkey Hacks presents all of the smart customizations and state of the art guidance and instruments you want to take command of any website you view.
By Elijah Meeks
D3.js in Action is a realistic educational for growing interactive portraits and data-driven functions utilizing D3.js. you are going to commence with in-depth reasons of D3's out-of-the-box layouts, besides dozens of sensible use situations that align with types of visualizations. Then, you are going to discover useful innovations for content material production, animation, and representing dynamic data—including interactive pics and knowledge streamed reside over the internet. the ultimate chapters help you use D3's wealthy interplay version because the starting place for a whole net program. after all, you will be able to combine D3.js into your internet improvement approach and rework any website right into a extra attractive and complicated consumer experience.
Purchase of the print publication encompasses a unfastened e-book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About the Technology
About the Book
D3.js in Action introduces you to the main robust net facts visualization library on hand and exhibits you ways to exploit it to construct interactive snap shots and data-driven functions. you are going to commence with dozens of sensible use circumstances that align with kinds of charts, networks, and maps utilizing D3's out-of-the-box layouts. Then, you will discover useful concepts for content material layout, animation, and illustration of dynamic data—including interactive pix and stay streaming data.
- Interacting with vector graphics
- Expressive info visualization
- Creating wealthy mapping applications
- Prepping your data
- Complete data-driven internet apps in D3
About the Author
Elijah Meeks is a senior info visualization engineer at Netflix. His D3.js portfolio contains paintings at Stanford college and with recognized businesses worldwide.
Table of Contents
- An creation to D3.js
- Information visualization facts flow
- Data-driven layout and interaction
- Chart components
- Network visualization
- Geospatial details visualization
- Traditional DOM manipulation with D3
- Composing interactive applications
- Writing layouts and components
- Big information visualization
- D3.js on cellular (available on-line only)
PART 1 D3.JS FUNDAMENTALS
PART 2 THE PILLARS of data VISUALIZATION
PART three complex TECHNIQUES
- Covers node and asynchronous programming major concepts
- Addresses the fundamentals: modules, buffers, occasions, and timers
- Explores streams, dossier structures, networking, and automatic unit testing
- Goes past the fundamentals, and stocks concepts and instruments for debugging, unit checking out, and move control
By Damian Dawber
Over 70 code examples to create vector pictures and information visualizations!
- Create outstanding vector photographs and knowledge visualizations on your browser
- Add animation and interactivity for your net applications
- Work with local SVGs to create advanced vector graphics
- Develop cross-browser vector photos solutions
Raphaël is a phenomenal library that makes drawing vector pix within the browser easy. It boasts lots of tools that facilitate drawing and animating pics, permitting builders to create versatile, interactive net functions and information visualizations.
Learning Raphaël JS Vector snap shots takes you from being a whole vector pics amateur to an comprehensive vector images developer. filled with illustrations and code demos, this ebook covers a big selection of recommendations and takes you thru them by means of instance. The Raphaël library is roofed intimately and within the context of its real-world applicability.
This ebook seems to be on the robust vector snap shots drawing library, Raphaël, and the way you could put it to use to attract vector images and create interactive net purposes with ease.
You will the best way to draw complicated vector pics and the way to remodel, animate, and have interaction with them. we'll additionally examine operating with current vector photos so as to add an additional layer of complexity to our purposes, and finally end up via making a sequence of information visualization demos. with the intention to easy methods to create beautiful, interactive portraits and information visualizations, then this can be the booklet for you.
Learning Raphaël JS Vector pics is packed jam-packed with illustrations and has over 70 demos to actually hammer domestic the options covered.
What you'll study from this book
- Learn how one can paintings with present SVGs to create advanced vectors
- Get to grips with tips to create complicated vector drawings utilizing paths
- Add consumer interactivity in your applications
- Learn easy methods to observe adjustments to vector graphics
- Create lovely animations to convey your vector drawings to life
Who this publication is written for
By Stoyan Stefanov
- Learn why literal notation styles are less complicated choices to functions
- Create items that transcend the fundamental styles of utilizing item literals and functions
- Examine styles that follow particularly to the client-side browser environment